You may view or print an application for ages 14 – 15 here.
Youth ages 16 – 24 are eligible for similar programming through CCMEP. Click the link for more Details.
You may also view or print the Application for ages 16 – 24 here.
Eligible youth ages 14- 15 will have the opportunity to develop a work history and have a current reference from an employer while earning a paycheck to help meet basic needs. Slots are limited based on the availability of funding (eligibility does not guarantee placement).
Who is Eligible?
The following groups are potentially eligible:
- Youth ages 14 – 15, as long as the youth is a minor child in a need family and is in school (youth may be 18 if they are a full time student in a secondary school)
- Youth in the temporary custody of the Seneca County Public Children Services Agency (PCSA) who are placed in a licensed foster care setting and that are between the ages of 14 to 15.
In addition, applicants must meet certain citizenship requirements and the household’s gross income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Income eligibility may also be verified by the following methods:
- Receipt of public assistance (OWF and/or Food Assistance) during the 30 days prior to the date of application. (Child Only OWF cases do not meet this requirement)
How do I Apply?
1) Obtain & Complete an Application
You may print an application.
At the time you apply, you may also register to vote by also completing this Ohio voter registration form.
Or, You may call our office at 419-447-5011 or 800-825-5011 to have an application mailed to you.
Or, you may come to our office and pick up an application. Click here for our hours and location.
A case worker at our office can help you if you are having problems getting needed information.
2) Return the completed, signed Application
By Mail to:
Seneca County DJFS
900 E CR 20
Tiffin, OH 44883
By Fax to: 419-447-5345
Or come to our office. Click here for our hours and location. You may also place your application in our drop-box next to the main entrance (at the back of the building), after hours.
It is important that you mail, fax, or deliver your application to our office as soon as possible as it could affect the effective date that you may be eligible to receive benefits.
If additional documentation is needed, a checklist will be mailed to you.
Applicants will be notified by mail of their approval or denial.
A PRC application will be denied after 30 days if all requested verifications are not received. The completion of the application process starts with the receipt and or verification of all requested documents.
Eligible youth will be served on a first come, first served basis.
For More Information
Contact the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services at 419-447-5011 x417 or 1-800-825-5011 x417.
Are you a business interested in the Youth Employment Program?
Carol Kern, Business Services Consultant