The PASSPORT Waiver provides in-home services to individuals age 60 and older who need help with activities of daily living and who would otherwise need to live in a nursing home. The Ohio Department of Aging administers this program through the Area Agencies on Aging.
Who is Eligible?
- Persons 60 years of age or older
- Require nursing home level of care (intermediate or skilled) and are at risk of nursing facility placement
- Able to have health and safety maintained in their home setting
- Cost of in-home services provided, must not exceed 60% of the cost of nursing home care
- Meet financial requirements for assets and income
- Agree to the total care plan
- Have physician approval
What Services are Available?
- Personal Care Assistance
- Respite Care
- Home Delivered Meals
- Chore Service
- Medical Transportation
- Adult Day Care
- Minor Home Modification
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Nutrition Consultation
- Social Work Counseling
- Case Management, by an RN or LSW, to coordinate the care plan
How do I Apply?
Referrals are accepted from any source (hospitals, physicians, family, friends or older consumers seeking assistance for themselves) during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling the Area Agency on Aging, Agency Screening Department at 419-524-4144 or 1-800-860-5799.
An initial telephone screening assesses the client’s needs and reviews financial and program eligibility. If the person expresses interest in the program, an in-person assessment is scheduled and conducted to complete the review of consumer needs and program eligibility.
If a client is found to be ineligible for PASSPORT, they are referred to or provided with information concerning other programs