Adult & Dislocated Worker Services – Training for a New Occupation

Our agency provides Employment & Training services through funding from the U.S. Department of Labor, and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).

If you are a low-income Adult, or a Dislocated Worker (definition below) you may be eligible for the following:

Supportive Services – Temporary help with needs such as Rent, Utilities, Car Repairs, Uniforms, etc. Supportive Services are intended to help keep you working, training, or looking for work.

Case Management – Staff may provide you career counseling to help you search for new careers and/or keep maintain employment.  We offer help developing your resume, searching job listings, interview tips, budgeting resources, etc.

Training – We may provide paid On-The-Job Training at a local employer or Tuition Assistance for you to attend classroom training to obtain an in-demand career.


For more information, please call OhioMeansJobs-Seneca County at 419-447-5011, ext. 2443.  Please and ask to speak with an Adult/DW program advisor.


A Dislocated Worker is an adult 18 years and older who:

– Has been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or layoff.

– Is eligible for, or has exhausted entitlement to unemployment compensation; or has been employed for a duration sufficient to demonstrate attachment to the workforce, but is not eligible for unemployment compensation, and is unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation; or

– Has been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or layoff from employment as a result of a permanent closure of, or any substantial layoff, at a plant, facility, or enterprise; or

– Is employed at a facility at which the employer has made a general announcement that the facility will close within 180 days; or

– Was self-employed but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions; or

– Is a displaced homemaker; or

– Is a Military spouse.